Hosting24 was first established in 2008 and also it is a part of the Hostinger Network. Currently, they are providing service for about 29 million users in 178 countries.
When compared to other web hosts, Hosting24 offers a chock full of hyperbolic language with 99% uptime guarantees and ‘automatic backups’ likewise.
So to begin with the review process, we set up a WordPress website with their least expensive shared hosting plan in June 2015. And started to monitor uptime and speed, customer support, etc. We also performed background checks to come up with an honest review.
Now, let’s look at the review.
Advantages of Hosting24
The main advantage is their cooperative customer support. And there are some other advantages too. Let’s have a look.
1. Good Customer Support
Live chat is the main method when talking about Customer Support in Hosting24. Via that, we were able to connect to a support agent immediately.
The agent’s responses were informative, detailed, and clear. But there was a slight delay between answering questions. And it was quite noticeable. And even the background check gave the same mixed reviews.
Altogether the reviews are not that bad.
2. Enhanced Security with automated backups
Hosting24 follows a reasonably good customer-centric approach via paying special attention to the security of your site. Most of their hosting plans are powered with Cloudflare DDOS Protection and ClamAV antivirus scanner.
Another benefit is Hosting24 perform weekly backups. Daily backups are the ideal way to keep your website protected. But many other sites charge you extra for backups. So considering that, this is not a bad deal.
Furthermore, they offer SpamAssassin Protection for email too.
3. U.S. and European Server Locations
If you are signing up with Hosting24 for a new shared or VPS hosting account, they let you select between hosting your site on North America (Asheville, North Carolina) or European (United Kingdom) locations.
4. Number of Promotional Sales
If you are signing up at the right time. You may get a great deal if you are lucky.
While we are writing this, they were running a 50% lifetime discount flash sale.
You can see more details about their sales by going to their Facebook Page.
5. Free Website Transfer(s)
Hosting24 will migrate an existing website for free as similar to the many hosting companies we have reviewed.
6. Above Average Uptime over prior 24 months
When you visit their website, you will see how they claim about 99.9%+ uptime.
During the last two years, Hosting24 was able to deliver 99.97% uptime.
According to our background checks, many clients complain about being unable to access their website with getting a ‘Service Temporarily Unavailable’ message.
- “The uptime has been horrible. My website gets offline almost daily. According to Pingdom, my website has been offline for over 50+ times.”
- “Uptime was the worst point: my websites have been down so many times because of so-called “server updates” and Hosting24 never noticed it themselves.”
- “The most regular error that I get is: Service Temporarily Unavailable“
- “I worked with Hosting24 but didn’t like their stability and support“
- “Now they are providing good service, just uptime is not 100%“
Average Uptimes during last year:
- January 2020 average uptime: 99.97%
- December 2019 average uptime: 99.99%
- November 2019 average uptime: 100%
- October 2019 average uptime: 100%
- September 2019 average uptime: 100%
- August 2019 average uptime: 99.98%
- July 2019 average uptime: 99.95%
- June 2019 average uptime: 100%
- May 2019 average uptime: 99.98%
- April 2019 average uptime: 100%
- March 2019 average uptime: 100%
- February 2019 average uptime: 99.98%
7. Above Average Speed
During the past year, their page loading speed was 668ms. That is a reasonably good speed, but not that good.
According to studies, 74% of people will leave your site if the page loading speed is more than 5 seconds. So, the speed has a direct impact on your conversion rates.
And the speed of your hosting is one of the main factors that contribute to the speed of your site.
Average load times during last year:
Disadvantages of Hosting24
You must know these before signing up with Hosting24.
1. Limited, Marginally Beneficial Backups
Even though Hosting24 uses its backup feature as a star on their website, it is not that much good.
There are some reasons.
- They only do weekly backups. The ideal way is to perform daily backups. That way you will always have a copy to restore.
- They will delete previous ones, during weekly backups
This is definitely not good. Relying on a single backup may be a problem in case something happens.
- If your account is larger than 2 GB, they won’t backup
If you are running a highly visual site like an eCommerce one, 2GB won’t be that big. I think the best thing will be to backup your site on your own.
Hosting24 Pricing, Hosting Plans and Quick Fact
Hosting24 offers two shared plans. Following is an overview of their plans.
- Single Web Hosting
Starts from $0.80/month
10 GB disk space
100 GB bandwidth
Option to select your server location
- Premium Web Hosting
Starts from $2.15/month
20 GB disk space
Custom name servers
Add on domains
- Business Web Hosting
Starts from $3.45/month
Unlimited websites and bandwidth
30 GB disk space
Custom Name servers
Add on domains
- Free domain
- Ease of sign up
- Payment methods
Credit Card, PayPal
- Hidden Fees and Clauses
Accounts with a single file above 1GB/more than 250,000 files can be terminated without informing the account owner.
- Account Activation
- Control Panel and Dashboard experience
- Installation of Apps and CMSs (WordPress, Joomla, etc)
One-click installation via Softaculous
Do we recommend Hosting24?
No, we don’t.
The main things to consider when signing up with any web host is uptime and page loading time. In Hosting24 their uptime was just above the average. And the page loading time is just the same; just better than the industry standard. Therefore the overall performance is not satisfactory.